Contract: Temporary (Summer) from 1st June 2023 to 31st August 2023
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours - 7am-3pm/8am-4pm.
Based at: TASIS The American School in England, Coldharbour Lane, Thorpe, Surrey.
The grounds person will assist while working within an existing team of 4 staff that the school grounds of approximately 50 acres are maintained to the highest standard. Please see the JD for the full list of duties but some include:
- All aspects of grounds and garden maintenance, including lawn maintenance and cultivation, soil cultivation – digging, weeding, mulching, and planting, hedge trimming, strimming, leaf blowing and edging;
- Tend to large pots, planters and beds to ensure they are in tip top condition;Dead headed, weed free.
- All aspects of sports grounds maintenance, including mowing, line marking, and pitch cultivation in a multi-sport environment;
- To assist in maintaining the grass and borders in a cottage garden;
- To undertake ground and low-level arboriculture and maintenance;
Benefits of working for TASIS
20 days annual leave per year (pro-rata for part-time or temporary staff);
Free lunch every day that you work;
Free car parking;
Free access to the School’s fitness centre (subject to staff access time);
Employee assistance programme.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and has a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the School. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant pre-employment checks, including checks with past employers.
How to Apply
Please send your CV expressing interest to the TASIS Human Resources Officer - Georgia Birch - email@example.com