We are looking for a student (still studying or recently finished) to join our garden team for 2/3 months over the summer.
The individual should have a keen interest in and some knowledge of gardening and the desire to work as part of a small highly motivated team.
The gardens include lawns, borders, cutting flowers and vegetables and is entirely organic.
The gardens produce much of the summer vegetables and salad crops for the hotel and work in combination with the hotel kitchens. The gardens are also open to the public three times a week, as well as certain weekends and therefore some interaction with visitors may occur.
There is a focus on clear labelling, cleanliness and tidiness in the garden due to the public access.
Accommodation is provided with the role, as well as all meals with the hotel staff and therefore the ability to live and work with a larger team, who work in all of the other hotel departments, will be important.
Our Head Gardener, Stephen Fudge, has previously worked as Senior Supervisor at RHS Wisley, and been Head Gardener at various gardens in Cheshire, Jersey and the Cotswolds since 1999. Stephen is qualified in all aspects of the horticultural industry and is also qualified to teach Amenity Horticulture to NVQ Level 2. He is keen to develop a program of students, working and learning in these unique and developing gardens.
Contracts are offered for 2 or more month. The contract includes:
• Weekly laundry
• Wifi & utilities.
• 54 hours per week (6 days of 9 hours).
• Accommodation is in modern custom built staff accommodation with 20 ensuite bedrooms (some shared).
• Some uniform is provided (details in staff handbook on successful offer of employment)
• Equal share of monthly tips is provided to all hotel staff.
• Salary – variable dependent on role and seniority.
• Eligibility – must have the right to work in UK.
How to Apply
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org