In this role, you’ll be working as an integral part of the New Forest team to maintain our recreation facilities to ensure that we deliver a high quality visitor experience.
Key Work Areas:
• Promote enjoyable visits to the New Forest by ensuring clean, safe and welcoming environments for visitors.
• Work as part of the New Forest Recreation team showing drive and motivation to improve sites and facilities, with a focus on delivering a quality visitor experience.
• Help to maintain and develop safe facilities whilst balancing recreational activity with other forest activities.
• Carry out a range of practical maintenance tasks throughout the forest estate, working effectively as a team and when requested, responding quickly to unexpected work and issues raised by a Supervisor or Manager.
• Perform basic inspections and assist in repair and maintenance of recreation facilities to a high standard, including but not limited to all formal car parks, walking and cycle routes, litter picking, installation and maintenance of signs, picnic tables, benches etc. Keep records of inspections and repairs as directed.
• Perform regular Facility Inspections in line with National and District policies.
If you have the following experience/skills we would love to hear from you:
• Relevant experience of practical maintenance in a parks and/or a countryside environment.
• A familiarity with a range of hand tools and ability to demonstrate competence in their use.
• NPTC or equivalent certification in chainsaw use (maintenance, cross cutting and felling up to 380mm) and/or clearing saws, issued within last 5 years.
• Ability to work flexibly as part of a team to achieve shared goals.
• Basic IT skills.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply please visit Civil Service jobs and search fro vacancy number 313037 and submit your application no later than 25/02/24, 23:55.