As part of our ongoing development and expansion we are seeking a Landscape Construction Apprentice to join our team to work on both hard and soft landscape construction projects.
Scandor undertakes works for a wide range of mainly commercial clients such as local authorities, county councils, parish councils, schools, and main contractors. The private client work is large scale projects and would be on site for weeks.
Tasks will be wide ranging including but not limited to groundworks such as:
• Excavations to form levels
• Putting in membranes and gravels
• Form work for concrete features
• Paving, kerbing and walling
• Fencing and decking
• Grading works together with drainage and top soiling
• Works to playgrounds such as installation of play equipment, safety surface installations and park furniture
Soft landscape works will involve:
• Tree and shrub planting which can include semi-mature trees
• Seeding, turfing, mulching
The candidate will subject to satisfactory progression will operate plant and equipment such as diggers and dumpers once attained the relevant training and certificate which will be provided by the company.
You will be required to learn about horticulture, including:
• Plant identification and nomenclature - botanic and common names
• Plant growth and plant health
• Soil science and cultivation
• Environment protection
How to Apply
Please contact Apprenticeship Liaison Officer Karen Jackson.