To maintain and improve the grounds and gardens to the highest possible standards which include all sports pitches, cricket squares, games playing surfaces, all weather surfaces, formal garden areas, paths and drives. Responsible to the Grounds Manager on a day-to-day basis, and to ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources. The role encompasses the main College site, Penn’s Place, staff housing, and the Junior School site as required.
• To liaise on a daily basis with the Grounds Manager/Estates Bursar regarding maintenance work to be carried out.
• To maintain, manage and improve all sports pitches, grounds, all weather pitches, gardens, paths and drives.
• To monitor the condition of all the grounds and facilities across all College sites, report any defects and take appropriate action to put in good order.
• To log, update and report works relating to the Grounds, using the College computerised Maintenance Logging system.
• To ensure the maintenance of the College and Junior School grounds is maintained to the highest standards.
• To clean and maintain the workshop and facility areas, based on the team rota system .
• Play active role in the team litter rota, to ensure bins are regularly empty and site remains litter free.
• To display a friendly, flexible, helpful and courteous attitude to colleagues, students, tenants, parents and the general public.
• To be prepared to work overtime when required, subject to advanced notification.
• To perform all duties in a safe and proper manner and complying with the College Health and Safety policies in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Order 1978, subsequent and other relevant legislation, and Risk Assessments to ensure safe and proper working environment for self, all College employees, outside contractors and members of the public. This includes the use/wearing of personal protective equipment.
• To attend regular team meetings, briefing sessions for staff and any whole staff meetings required.
• To attend training and supervision as deemed necessary and accept all highlighted responsibilities.
• To attend regular one to one’s and annual Individual Performance Planning meetings with The Estates Bursar.
• To perform duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the role and ad hoc projects as required from time to time.
• To follow the guidance set in the ‘Department and Staff Expectations’ document issued.
• To promote the College and Junior School in a positive and professional manner.
• To provide cover for other members of staff during holidays, sickness or other absences and in emergencies.
• To attend work for certain College events that occur during the week and at weekends, such as Open Day, Summer Concert and other school calendar events.
• To keep buildings, sheds and workshops in a clean and tidy condition.
• To keep all Grounds equipment in a clean and maintained manner, on a daily basis.
• To ensure all Grounds equipment is serviced as per the maintenance schedule for each specific piece of equipment.
• To maintain all hand tools, hand power tools and associated equipment used by the Grounds team.
• To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
• To work across any of the College sites as required from time to time
How to Apply
Please make contact with Karen Jackson in the Apprenticeship Department