An experienced Gardener with an accredited horticultural qualification (Level 2 or above) is sought for a private estate near Warfield.
A candidate with an advanced understanding of organic, biodynamic, and sustainable practices would be highly regarded as the family are keen to move quickly from traditional chemical heavy garden practices while they also wish to make full use of the cold and hot houses and walled gardens, and to focus on growing fruit and vegetable for their table. The position will require someone who can manage the repair and restoration of the cold and hot houses which have been neglected for some time.
This position would suit a proactive, committed, and hands-on gardener who has demonstrable experience of working on a private estate or respected public gardens. Joining an established team that employs 2 full-time gardeners and 2 part-time gardeners.
The garden offers a mix of lawns, formal parterres, flowerbeds, kitchen garden, flower cutting garden, hot and cold houses, and some woodlands.
£35,000 - £39,000 per annum DOE
Berkshire, Nr. Warfield
Daily Live out Gardener
1 - 4 years
PREFER NON SMOKER
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the repair and restoration of the cold and hot houses/greenhouses
• Vegetable planting and harvesting
• Fruit planting and harvesting
• Pruning fruit trees
• Potager maintenance
• Seed collection and propagation
• Seasonal bulb and pot planting
• Maintaining herbaceous and mixed borders
• General garden maintenance/tidying
• Weeding and mulching
• Driver with valid licence
• 2-5 years’ experience
• Experience of fruit & vegetable production combined with all the necessary practical skills
• RHS Level 2 or above qualification
How to Apply
E - Mail email@example.com