About our opportunity:
This is an opportunity to join a finance team which will support you in your growth and development as you study towards your level 3 AAT qualification. The role will allow you to gain exposure to different areas of the business allowing you to achieve a well rounded understanding of its processes and how these feed into the finance department. As the Finance Apprentice, you will be processing our international stock invoices and assisting with the company expenses. You will gain relevant on the job experience to support your college course.
What you’ll be doing:
• Processing intercompany purchase ledger invoices and resolving queries arising from these.
• Assist with the processing and reconciliation of employee expenses including credit cards, personal expenses and mileage records.
• Support the purchase ledger assistant in the processing of bank transactions.
• Liaising and working closely with the Management Accountant, Financial Accountant and Accounts Payable Assistant.
• Assist with year-end procedures as required.
• Assist with audit requests as required.
• Using telephone, email and other business systems.
• You will be supported to attain a level 3 apprenticeship qualification, attending college on assigned days.
What you’ll need for the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a great candidate who enjoys problem solving and has a keen interest in learning new skills. You will be available to start November - December 2023 and ready to commit to an 18 month college course.
You will be able to meet the following requirements:
• An understanding of double entry
• Basic Excel skills.
• Basic IT skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• An ability to work effectively, both independently and within a small team.
• Excellent organisation and problem solving skills.
• You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (Level 5 and above) including Maths and English.
• You will be required to travel to college in Reading on assigned dates and complete all course work.
An apprenticeship with STIHL provides the opportunity for you to gain a well rounded understanding of a business and the different impacts it will have on a finance department. You will receive the encouragement and support of the team to assist you in the completion of your qualification and gain the necessary business skills required to start your career in finance.
With this apprenticeship you will gain:
• Level 3 AAT apprenticeship qualification
• The right balance of learning and experience you need to start your career in finance.
What’s on offer at STIHL:
• Competitive package
• 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
• Release to college
• 25 days holiday per year
• Subsidised onsite restaurant facility
• Free onsite car parking
• Product discounts
• Excellent working environment
How to Apply
For more information or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd September 2023.