All applicants must be:
• Confident working with customers.
• Creative and capable of coming up with brand new, interesting, interactive & educational farm activities.
• Experienced and confident with animal care.
• Have the relevant and appropriate animal-related and farming qualifications.
• Quick to learn new skills.
• Well organised.
• Hard working in all physical capacities and weathers.
• Able to work independently and self-motivate, as well as being a supportive member of the team.
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
• Creating new customer facing animal activities
• Carrying out customer facing activities to an experimentally high standard.
• Ensuring all animals are maintained in a healthy condition.
• Assisting in organising and maintaining various breeding programmes which will work for the attraction.
• Checking all animals regularly for and potential signs of infection or diseases and ensure that all appropriate steps are taken to control both.
• Demonstrate the animal's skills and best assists, to provide high quality and family-friendly entertainment and demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding and know-how for the public and their questions.
• Helping to create events and animal-related activities that are of interest to the public and assisting with entertaining the public, for example birthday parties for children and helping them to lead the pig race etc.
• To ensure the published entertainments take place as per the schedule or an alternative is put on in its place where needed.
• To complete all off show' routines prior to opening or after opening, for example: poo picking, animal's food and water.
• To help create regular trails and quizzes for the public-for each holiday period on a rolling programme.
• To create educational entertainment (tours and talks) for the school groups attending.
• To train and educate work experience students from schools and colleges in a manner that creates a worthwhile experience, eg giving feedback, writing reports etc.
• To ensure all information regarding the breeds, their habitat and care are on display.
• To assist in maintaining records of the animals, passports, vaccinations, illnesses and medication as required and needed.
• To ensure hand wash facilities and public areas such as toilets and bins are being properly maintained on the farm park in order to help control infection.
• To lead other members of staff, educating them in the processes and animal care on the farm to the highest standard within the limitations of the site.
• To deal with public enquiries on purchasing stock and to ensure through them attending our training classes or some other demonstration of knowledge that they will be fit to look after animals.
• To keep up to date with RBST Watchlists and their policies.
• Keeping records up to date and assisting in dealing with any relevant legal paperwork.
• Animal Care: 2 years (preferred)
• Customer Service: 2 years (preferred)
How to Apply