Would you like to work in some of the most beautiful countryside in the south of England?
Our habitat management work maintains some of the most important nature conservation sites in the country, our countryside access work enables people to explore these landscapes and our design & build work creates brand new spaces for wildlife and people.
If you’re motivated to develop in a role where you can make a tangible difference with a growing organisation then we want to hear from you.
What can we do for you?
For the right person we can offer great career opportunities: we’re growing, our client base is expanding and the range of work we undertake is diversifying. We are a skilled, adaptable and supportive team who are focussed on working together to deliver. Morton : Pattison is an equal opportunities employer with a strong focus on staff development with the goal of building and retaining a team that grows in capacity with alongside the company.
• Interesting & varied work, often in stunning locations
• Personalised staff training and development plans
• Career and pay progression
• Good company pension
• 28 days holiday, including bank holidays, with additional leave entitlement earned accrued annually
• Immediate start available
The purpose of the role will be to assist with the practical delivery of countryside and ecology contracting work through operation, transport and maintenance of company-owned and hired-in plant & equipment, principally 360 excavators. Examples of work undertaken include:
• Countryside infrastructure/access projects; boardwalks, footbridges, pond dipping platforms, paths, agricultural drainage & water supply, riverbank stabilisation, fencing.
• Habitat creation and management; small tree felling and scrub management, planting & seeding, pond creation and improvements, control of non-native plant species/herbicide application, hibernacula creation, installation of bird and bat boxes.
• Design and Build; Installation of bespoke landscape installations designed by our in-house team, for example biodiversity and educational projects in visitor centres.
This role will be ideal for a practical and mechanically-minded team player with experience in landscape / countryside / agriculture. As this is a new role the candidate will be involved in setting up the workspace and implementing equipment maintenance systems.
Morton : Pattison are emerging as an industry leader in design & delivery of countryside and ecological works in the south of England. We are widely recognised for our specialist skills and experience in combining ecology, landscape and construction to deliver the best outcomes for biodiversity and people.
We work on a diverse range of projects including design & build of countryside structures, access works, large scale habitat management, renewable energy sites and ecological enhancement. Our clients are distributed throughout the private, public and charitable sectors including nature conservation charities, local authorities, green energy companies and ecological consultancies.
Due to continued growth driven largely by repeat custom, recommendation and appointment to county council local authority frameworks, we are looking for professional and positive team players who share our values to join us and make a positive contribution to the region’s countryside.
How to Apply
For further information please see the detailed role description and person specification on our website; www.mortonpattison.com/vacancies
To apply please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com