• To be part of a team that maintains the physical resources within the MAT across all facilities and sites so that they can be used appropriately by the schools and the community.
• To ensure high standards of maintenance and general repair of all equipment, furniture and premises
• To carry out routine tasks on each shift as well as additional tasks as directed by the Deputy MAT Estates Manager and/or the MAT Estates and Health & Safety Manager
• To carry out skilled maintenance and repair duties as well as planned and programmed projects as directed by the Estates and Health and Safety Manger. This will include toilets, changing rooms, corridors, staircases, classrooms, offices, grounds, building externals and any other areas on the MAT estates.
• To advise the estates team and the wider MAT with technical knowledge relating to a skilled trade area.
• To act as a point of contact for all stakeholders including staff, parents and contractors when necessary and to liaise with contractors on site with regards to the site and works that are underway or required
• To open the site and prepare for the school day and to be responsible for securing and locking the site
• To respond to radio/telephone calls/verbal instructions and be ready to act on requests when onsite. To maintain good levels of communication by use of walkie-talkie radios (if applicable) and site telephones
• To take direction from the Deputy MAT Estates Manager to complete routine estates maintenance tasks and to be aware of Health and Safety regulations and to report any issues relating to these to the MAT Estates and Health & Safety Manager and/or Deputy MAT Estates Manager; including but not limited to, Legionella, Asbestos, Fire Safety and management, Risk assessments, Health and Safety, accident reporting and near misses
• To provide excellent customer service and support to our lettings customers when on the appropriate shift
• To maintain cleanliness of the site wherever possible including litter picking
• To report any maintenance issues to the Deputy MAT Estates Manager
• To be aware of all Health and Safety regulations and to report any issues relating to these to the MAT Estates and Health & Safety Manager.
• To be flexible and support all members of the Estates team in the event of absence. To work co-operatively with others within the team towards the shared goals of the MAT
How to Apply
Please contact James Topping