Key Elements of the role include:
• Working as part of our team to deliver a range of woodland schemes to a diverse client portfolio.
• Assisting in securing the necessary consents and appropriate grants.
• Assisting in woodland assessment, mapping, preparation of reports and management plans.
• Communicating closely with colleagues and clients.
• Supervising forestry and woodland contract operations using independent contractors to achieve new planting, maintenance operations, felling and thinning operations and installation of woodland infrastructure.
• Developing knowledge and skills through ongoing on the job training relating to all aspects of woodland and countryside management.
The scope of the job may depend on the skills and experience of the person appointed. We are willing to consider applications from a wide range of backgrounds, with skills in commercial forestry, or nature conservation. Experience can come for either education or practical years on the job. The successful candidate will be proficient in as many of the following skills as possible:
• An innovative, enthusiastic team player with a high level of self-motivation who will be committed to the sustainable growth of the company.
• An excellent communicator both verbally and written with the ability to effectively engage with a wide range of colleagues, clients, contractors and stakeholders.
• Higher Education or similar training in a relevant forestry or conservation qualification.
• An understanding of the UK Forestry Standard.
• An understanding of current grant mechanisms for woodland creation and management administered by the Forestry Commission inc. EWCO, WCPG.
• An understanding of Countryside Stewardship funding mechanisms.
• Experience in some aspect of countryside management or woodland related management.
• Good IT skills including a knowledge of GIS mapping.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and under self-direction.
• Hold a clean UK driving license.
What you will get from us:
We are a successful and growing small business and there is excellent scope for further progression within the company. We are committed to staff professional development through training and mentoring.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. This includes a small company pension scheme and bonus system based on staff ownership of the company’s shares. We also offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic and expanding organisation in a part of the UK that offers unparalleled lifestyle opportunities. We place great emphasis on ensuring that the right candidate is successfully and comfortably integrated into the organisation, providing as much support as is required to enable you to thrive and develop within the role.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, you may contact Stuart Wood on 07787 649564 for an informal discussion.
You can find out more about who we are, and what we do at www.landandheritage.com
To apply, please send in a CV and personal biography, including a section on why you feel you are suitable for this role. Closing date for applications is the 16th September 2022. Please send your application to:
For any further enquiries relating to the position you can also call the office on 01752 545710.