Do you have a passion for Engineering?
The Stannah Engineering team are seeking an enthusiastic Engineering Apprentice to pursue a career in either Mechancial or Electrical Design. The role will take you through an extensive training program where you will attain a recognised qualification whilst working in a successful Manufacturing business that has been in the lift industry for over 150 years.
Career progression will be supported giving suitable candidates the opportunity to take their training further to Degree level where suitable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To complete a programme of training to be conducted within the Engineering Design Department and throughout the business as appropriate.
• To be an active member of the engineering design team supporting the activities of the Design Engineers.
• Carry out such tasks and duties as directed by the Lead Engineer that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence.
• Undertake a basic foundation course in Engineering and then relevant training on your area of specialism.
• Mechanical; Computer Aided Design (CAD), Stress analysis, prototyping, 3D printing, test fixtures etc
• Electrical; C coding, software, electrical/electronic hardware design, Computer Aided Design (CAD), PCB design, processing architectures and embedded systems, automatic test equipment.
• Working towards a focused qualification in one of the four engineering disciplines; Software, Hardware, Mechanical & Test & Development
• Develop a working understanding in the principles of engineering design verification.
• Develop a wider understanding of the role Apprentice Engineer in the business and how we deliver to our internal customers.
• Development of communication and behavioural skills required in order to become an effective Engineer.
• Attendance at a local educational establishment on a day release basis leading to recognised qualification over a 4 - 6 year period (dependant on entry qualifications).
Level 3 - A minimum of 4 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at Grade 9 to 5 including English, Maths and a science related subject
Level 4 - A minimum of 4 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at Grade 9 to 5 including English, Maths and a science related subject
A BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering with minimum grades Distinction, Merit, Merit
A minimum of 3 A Levels, at least one or more in the following; Maths, Physics, Computing, Electronics with minimum grades A,B,B
I.T. literate and familiar with Microsoft “Word”, “Excel” or equivalent software.
Ability to work efficiently and accurately.
Aptitude for practical science or engineering skills.
The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills.
To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please contact Southampton Engineering Training Association (SETA)
023 8077 1908