Agricultural practices can cause significant and chronic pollution to our precious water environment. These can be caused by leaks of slurry and silage effluent, and other materials, stored and spread on farms.
We are looking for dynamic individuals, including graduates, ideally with experience and understanding of agriculture or other regulatory activity, to work with farmers to increase their levels of compliance with existing environmental regulations. This will help safeguard and improve the future environment.
In this role you will:
• carry out targeted farm visits
• engage with farmers to influence them to change their practice, which may involve difficult conversations
• collect and report on data and findings
• be willing to undertake regulatory enforcement action when needed, prosecutions and the serving of notices
Many are transferrable skills and training will be provided. The following skills are important and desirable:
• experience of working with farmers, on farms, the agriculture sector or other regulation
• an understanding of the complexities and challenges of working UK farms
• excellent communication and influencing skills
• an ability to have challenging conversations
You must have:
• a full UK driving licence
• IT skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel), be comfortable using an iPad and a laptop to be able to input inspection findings into systems.
How to Apply