We are looking for agricultural engineers or budding apprentices to work out of our Shaftesbury and Dorchester branches servicing and repairing products from our franchise suppliers. Following continued strong sales of CASE IH Tractors, Handlers and ancillary equipment we need to increase our engineering support staff.
We offer very competitive rates of pay based upon experience and ability for individuals prepared to work hard with the right attitude that want to make a difference in an interesting and varied sector, the role includes “on call” out of normal hours working to cover breakdowns etc. which is paid for in addition to your standard hourly rate. (*Rates stated are depending on age and industry experience if looking for an apprenticeship, we would work with our key franchises to ensure you get the appropriate college support)
Tied accommodation may be available to applicants thinking of relocating.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to build a rewarding career in agriculture and its related industries, backed by internationally renowned manufacturer training.
• Requires care and attention to detail at all times.
• Ability to operate on a “Call Out Rota” and work outside office hours during busy periods including weekends.
• Requires Relevant Agricultural Engineering Qualifications or a proven track record in another relevant sector.
• A full understanding and appreciation of PPE Equipment.
• The ability to use and understand computer diagnostic systems.
• To have a full and comprehensive understanding of Health & safety in the workplace and to ensure the safety at all times of both staff and customers.
• Engineers will require their own tools however we supply all specialist tools and equipment and relevant product training, to keep our staff well trained in new technology as it enters the industry.
• Technical knowledge in mechanical engineering.
• An ability to think outside the box and creating resourceful solutions.
• Self Motivated with a “Can Do” attitude.
• Excellent planning & organisation skills.
• Excellent personal time management.
• A keen team player, with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Dedicated professional attitude and conduct, with clear & effective communication (written and verbal).
The successful applicant needs to understand and appreciate the requirements of a 24/7 agricultural industry. We would consider individuals without agricultural knowledge if they have a proven record in other relevant areas and an interest to learn. Additional manufacturer training can be provided.
How to Apply
For more information please contact:
Nick Sansom 01305 852064 / email@example.com